Claus' German Sausage & Meat
Together with Southeast Neighborhood Development (SEND) and Halstead Architects, Claus' found a new home on a vacant lot, just south of the heart of Fountain Square, at 1845 Shelby Street. The former brownsfield site required the abatement of environmental soil contaminants, the process of which was administered with the help of SEND and state grant funds.
The relocated speciality market has expanded display areas and provides a more open and inviting storefront. By incorporating their existing sign and German influences into the design of the building, the market will retain its identity in Fountain Square. The relocation has also allowed for the updating and streamlining the production, storage, and meat aging rooms